NOTE: This product is for international buyers.
Not for sale in Japan (the price includes international shipping fee).
Located in the middle of the Chugoku Mountains,
Jogecho of Fuchu City in Hiroshima is a serene town surrounded by mountains with its altitude at 480 meters.
In the Edo period, Jogecho was known as Shukuba-machi,
a post station town where the travelers could rest during their trips.
Being located on the Sekishukaido where the Ishimi Ginzan and Setonaikai meet,
The water coming from the Sangoku Bunsuirei (Sangoku water divide) flows
into three separate directions, one goes north to the Japan Sea,
the other two go to the south and the east, all the way to the Setonaikai
supplying water to the surrounding terrain.
The water basin inevitably brings a huge difference in temperature between day and night in the region, which also makes the rice nurtured by the pristine water sweet in flavor and full of rich umami.
Enjoy the taste of Shihachimai, the rice made in the town of Jogecho, Hiroshima.
■Content: Koshihikari (Jogecho, Hiroshima Prefecture)
■Weight (Including Packaging): 3,100g
■Made in Hiroshima, Japan
<How to cook the "perfect" rice>
1. Add the desired amount of rice using the rice cooker cups into the bowl that comes with the rice cooker. Add the amount of water needed for the rice.
2. Rince the rice in a circular motion two to three times and discard water.
3. Wash the rice without adding any water.
4. Add water and wash again. Repeat the process 3 & 4 discarding water every time it gets whitened.
5. Add water 1.2 times the amount of rice and leave it in the rice cooker,
for about 30 minutes in the summer, an hour in the winter.
6. Turn on the rice cooker and press the "Cook Rice" button to start cooking.
*You can also cook rice using a pot, Donabe, slow cooker, etc..
・To prevent the rice from drying while keeping warm in the rice cooker, make sure to push the rice towards the center so that the rice won't touch the inside wall of the bowl.
・If you wish to enjoy the taste of freshly cooked rice, put the rice in the plastic wrap and put it in the freezer. It will be good for a month in the freezer.
・Some old rice could become dry when cooked, if you want the rice to be supple and glossy, add a teaspoon of Mirin per 2 cups of rice and cook.
・To control the temp/humidity, store in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator.
・Using Komebitsu or rice container to store is recommended.
■ We can not deliver to the following countries.
Item No. V05020999028